Tens of thousands of people in England are sleeping in their cars and temporary shelters like department stores, scout huts, restaurant kitchens, public toilets and stately homes tonight after thousands of cars were abandoned on UNTREATED ROADS after THE GRITTERS FAILED TO APPEAR! Problems included:
- Met Office issues ice warning on 'one of the coldest night of the year'
- AA reports busiest night in 25 years - 70,000 breakdowns coming in every hour today
- 200,000 motorists trapped in snow on the Basingstoke ring road
- More than 10,000 people spend the night in Buckinghamshire department store
- Eurostar resumes limited service - four days after its trains were crippled by cold
- Delays and cancellations at major airports including Heathrow and Manchester
YES, IT SEEMS THE GUYS WHO DRIVE THE GRITTERS COULDN'T GET TO THEIR WORK FOR THE SNOW!