Saturday 2 May 2009

Margeret Thatcher-Bad for Scotland?


GORDY INVITES MAGGIE TO NO 10 FOR NEW INSTRUCTIONS
MAGGIE THATCHER. Do you love her or hate her? I know in Scotland she is mostly a figure of hate. But why?
When she came in the country was in some fucking state. Believe me I was living at the time, not getting the story from my parents. The Unions ruled the country, we had been to the IMF to bail us out, (could happen again!), the dead went unburied, the rubbish piled up in the streets, we had had a 3 day week to save energy, I remember being at a Airdrie-Ayr game on a Wednesday afternoon because floodlights couldn't be used and the Argies thought they could Nick a British territory because we were too weak to stop it happening.
But Maggie sorted all this and lots more.
OK, in Scotland, the miners got fucked thanks to their stupid Union bosses picking a fight when the stockpiles of coal were enormous and Ravenscraig which was uneconomic got shut down. Both of these cost us the taxpayers a fortune in subsidies.
Contrary to today's cries, the Poll Tax was not foisted on Scotland as an experiment. The Council rates in Scotland were much higher than in England and the country was crying out for some financial relief. I had a friend in England whose house was three times the size of mine and he was paying only half what I was in rates.
Love her or not she is the only ISM and we are all THATCHER'S CHILDREN, including the Liebour party.
I KNOW WHO HISTORY WILL SAY DID MORE FOR THE BRITISH/SCOTTISH ECONOMY AND IT WON'T BE BLIAR/BROON!

No comments: